Voisus Application Note
Pairing a Radio Skin with a Hardware Device (#103)
You want to pair a military handset with a radio skin on a tablet running the Voisus client. However, the tablet audio input and output does not support military handsets.
Connect a hardware based audio channel with the radio skin GUI.
This can be done using an ACU2:
Or an AI-S:
- Create a role containing the desired radio type (the role will be called PRC_Panel).
- On the Manage Clients page, create a new client that will represent the radio skin on the tablet. To do this, select the role created in step 1 from the dropdown list and enter a name.
- Map this client to the channel on the hardware device (ACU2 or AI-S).
Navigate to the Hardware Devices page and select either the ACU2 tab or the AI-S tab, respectively.
For ACU2, enter the client's name in the "Chan A + Serial 1" field:
For AI-S, enter the client's name in the "Chan + Serial" field:
- Launch the client, enter the client name, and select the appropriate role.
- The tablet becomes the control head for the channel and crypto changes while the audio and PTT are done via the hardware device.