4.30-36871 ACE Software Release Notes
Released: Feb 23, 2011
This software release supports the following base operating systems:
ASTi audio and I/O distribution devices use the following firmware version with this software release:
|ACENet Device||Firmware Version|
† New version in this release
ASTi Voisus Clients use the following versions with this software release:
† New version in this release
- Added support for the new Plantronics USB PTT device.
- Unnecessary IIR lowpass filter removed from theTransceiver's RX audio path.
- Added Maximum and Peak Runtimes to stat gathering. Both are available in the RMS Health system. The maximum is reset 30 seconds after the model load. The Peak is available on the RMS status page as a percent and marked on the 'Realtime' load graph. The Peak is the highest frame runtime seen over the previous 5 seconds.
- Added the ability to configure the license server location for automatic speech recognition and text-to-speech.
- Added the ability for multiple transmit in Voisus GUI.
- Added support for the new Telestra NIC card.
- Added an interface section to the Pulse Stream component.
- ACE Studio can now be used in multiple simultaneous sessions or frommultiple user accounts on the same computer.
- Added host in optimizations to reduce audio glitches on systems.
- Enhanced the memory usage and swap usage.
- Enhanced the non-realtime CPU usage.
- Enhanced ace-package-report with new command line options. Run the command below to view and save the manifest.
ace-package-report -m | tee manifest.txtRun the command below to check the manifest.
ace-package-report -m -f manifest.txt
ace-package-report -C manifest.txt
The output is from the point of view of the manifest. If the package sets match, the script will simply output "Package Manifest: PASS". If the package sets are different, the script will output "Package Manifest: FAIL" along with details about each package that failed.
* OLD - An older version of the package is installed * NEW - A newer version of the package is installed * PKGID - The versions match, but package IDs are different * ADDED - The package has been added to the system * REMOVED - The package has been removed from the system
- Enhanced the world position conversion code.
- Added the "Effects Loop" to the Transceiver component which allows audio to be manipulated with other components before being transmitted. It does not change the operation of comm panels or intercom buses.
- Added support for the DIS absolute timestamp format. To set 'absolute' DIS timestamp format, put "timestamp = absolute" in the [general] section of the DIS gateway file.
- Improved the installer for the Windows Voisus client.
- Added alpha support for Windows Vista (32bit and 64bit) to the Voisus Client.
- Added alpha support for Windows 7 (32bit and 64bit) to the Voisus Client.
- Added ORTT URC-200 radio support.
- Added the following new components:
- Audio/Pulse Step
- 7-Segment Decoder (custom component)
- Fixed the hardware gain selects in the ACU2 with firmware version 2.7. Also updated the gain select logic (table) so that it is consistent with ACU2 4-channel select.
- Fixed the Satellite component to listen without a local radio on the same domain.
- Fixed the Satellite component to allow the transmitter and audio to be sent out of the Telestra over the DIS network.
- Fixed the error in RMS when restarting software after successfully uploading a license file.
- Fixed issue causing very slow project install on the Target.
- Improved upsampling and downsampling in the radioenvironment minimizes aliasing artifacts in radio transmissions.
- Fixed the HF Server statistics for when the HF server component is configured as a server. See the RMS Health pages under Radio Networking > DIS > Statistics.
- Added a fix for large Voisus Server installations (upwards of 32 operators) any operators which were configured with many radios (more than 8) would fail to connect due to a message being too large. This issue has been resolved, but as a result, breaks Voisus Client backwards compatibility between 4.30 and earlier software versions. Any Voisus Server systems upgraded to 4.30 will also need to update their Voisus Client software.
- Improved Windows Voisus client latency.
- Fixed the Receiver retuning on PWR only change.
- Fixed the 5 Band Filter parameter states that were flipped in 4.29 software version. The default Value and Modifier states for the EnableN controls in the 5BandFilter component have changed to TRUE and TRUE, respectively.
Important:Models that used the 5 Band Filter component in ACE software version 4.29 might be affected by these changes. For example, if the user has previously set the Modifier state and the control was not HOST driven, the Result will be flipped. Likewise if the control was HOST driven but the modifier was not set, the Result will also be flipped. The user is encouraged to double check these values after applying this software.
ACU2 Firmware Note
The following procedure is recommended to maximize firmware upgrade reliability. There are a few initial conditions that must be setup to ensure a smooth firmware upgrade.
First, you must install a project and layout that includes all ACENet devices connected to the Target. Follow the steps below to do this.
- Using ACE Studio, open a project on the Target connected to the ACENet device(s).
- The layout running in Studio must include all of the ACU2s that are getting upgraded. One way to do this is to create a readiness model, this ensures that your layout includes the connected ACU2s. In the menu bar select "Layout" and "Add Readiness." Overwrite any previous readiness layouts if prompted.
- Select the readiness layout and then click "Install Project."
Follow the ACU2 firmware update instructions in RMS. If upgrading more than one ACU2, only initialize a maximum of two ACU2s into boot mode. After a pair is complete, boot them in to normal mode. Repeat this cycle until all ACU2s are upgraded.