DACS App Note
DACS Surface Mount TDM FAQ (#55)
How many SMT TDMs may be installed in a DACS?
A maximum of 3 SMT TDMs may be installed; this is dependent on chassis type.
What sampling rates are supported by the new SMT TDM?
8, 16 and 24 kHz sample rates are currently supported.
Do I need new RIU hardware to work with the SMT TDM?
No, the currently supplied RIU version 4.1 will work with the SMT TDM.
Will older RIU firmware versions work with the SMT TDM?
Yes, firmware versions 2.3.1 and up will work with the SMT TDM.
Do I need new RIU firmware to take advantage of the higher sampling rates available?
Yes, but only if you require 24 kHz or 3-D audio.
- RIU firmware version 4.x.1 supports 8, 16 and 24 kHz audio and 3-D audio at 8 kHz.
- RIU firmware version 4.x.2 supports 8, 16 and 24 kHz audio and 3-D audio at 16 kHz.
- RIU firmware version 4.x.3 supports 8, 16 and 24 kHz audio and 3-D audio at 24 kHz.
What version of Model Builder does the SMT TDM require?
MB 4.09 and higher is required.
Will models developed using the old TDM cards work on the new SMT TDM cards?
Yes, the same (or similar versions) of MB models developed on the older hardware will work with the newer hardware.
How can I distinguish the SMT TDM cards from the older TDM cards?
- Go to the "Waveform DSPs", "Times" page 2 of 3
- SMT TDM board version is 9.00
- Latest through-hole TDM board version is 6.08
- Alternately, on "Waveform DSPs", "Times" page 2 of 3, look at the line for "Control, buffer, signal ..."
- SMT TDM is denoted by "TDMn"
- Through-hole is denoted by "TDM"
- PC-104 is denoted by "TDMp"
- Lastly, the TDM part numbers are as follows:
- Through-hole TDM = C210-B
- SMT TDM = C210-B-2
- PC104 TDM = C211-B-2
Can I mix new SMT and older through-hole TDMs in my DACS?
Can I link new SMT and older through-hole TDMs over the global bus?
No, only like cards can be linked over the global bus.